...So, if you want to open all the doors at once...read on...
1. Explore crowd funding - could this work for you?
2. Get yourself on to social media and start building your following.
3. Before paying for anything, seek out free online tools - you'll be amazed at what's available.
4.Invest in decent photos. Whether that’s paying a photographer or investing time - a pic says 1000 words.
5. Practice being confidence and brave - you will be tested. Why not try out new techniques?
6. Be clear on your offering. In your mind, your words & in your promo material. Leave no room for confusion.
7. Get a mentor. Vitally important, someone more experienced that you how can support and guide you.
8. Be clear on your credibility. Have this at the forefront of your mind; this is where your confidence comes from.
9. Understand Imposter Syndrome. Read about it, recognise it and when you feel it - ignore it.
10. Ask those who have come before you. Find someone who's done something similar, and learn from him or her.
11. Have good admin. Admin procedures are important, they keep the wheels turning - give thought to yours.
12. Once you've decided on your brand name, before you start promoting yourself - buy your domain name!
13. Before you start, ask your potential customers what they think, not just your friends and family.
14. Listen to Podcasts. Desert Island Discs, How I Built This, Tough Girl. Immerse yourself with learning from successful people.
15. Get a business partner. It can be a long, bumpy and lonely road, find someone who believes in your vision.
16. Get to know yourself. Especially your weaknesses, so you can manage them. Plenty of personality tests are available online. Why not ask for feedback?
17. Generate FREE publicity. Set up a flash mob invite local press, write your own press releases and send them to relevant local or national publications - get creative!
18. Offer to write for a relevant magazine or online publication. This enables you to promote yourself and raises your credibility.
19. Plan. But don’t spend all your time planning; you must DELIVER!
20. Deliver. But don’t spend all your time delivering; you must PLAN!
21.Build a support network. Find a local business group, hot desking centre, your local authority. Find likeminded people who can boost you up.
22. Take more business cards than you give out, and always follow up.
23. Incorporate exercise in to your day. You’ll be amazed what clarity a brisk walk will bring.
24. Be your own biggest fan. If you don't believe in yourself, why would anyone else? It starts with you :)